January 25-30, 2018 WINTER GETAWAY! $100 off before August 1st.
RESTORE YOURSELF on this 5 day Yoga retreat at XIXIM Resort in the Yucatan.
White sand beaches and pink flamingos are the backdrop to your yoga adventure. Explore a new part of the incredible variety Mexico has to offer. Discover natural beauty and learn about Mayan culture. Go deeper into your yoga practice and connection to yourself. Discover more movement and freedom, more strength and stability. XIXIM is space of peace; a place to find your balance again; to discover harmony with nature, a place to re-discover yourself.
You will enjoy 2 classes (2 hours each) each day with plenty of time to relax and enjoy the surroundings. When not in class can chill out under the shady ramada resting areas, sunbathe, play volleyball, or sail in a kayak, all without additional cost. ) In the Gulf of Mexico the sea is shallow and very calm in the morning, so swimming in its warm waters is a pleasure.
JEN KAGAN and ROSA SANTANA! join together to lead on this journey. Together, we will support you on a journey where you will discover hidden strength and move deeply into that quiet space deep inside.
$1350 (GARDEN VIEW) $1465 (BEACH VIEW) $1725 (MASTER SUITE)
$1800 (GARDEN VIEW), $1970 (BEACH VIEW) $2425(MASTER SUITE)
Early Bird Discount $100 off before September 1st
- must be paid in full for early bird discount
- Payment Plans Available Email Us
- $200 non-refundable to reserve your space. Payment due December 1st
- 15% savings for IYNAUS or AMYI members. Must register before November 25th.
- Pay 1/2 by September 1st- Payment in full by December 15th.
- 5 nights Luxury Accomodations
- Breakfast Lunch and Dinner Daily delicious- Mayan fusion
- Twice Daily Yoga, Meditation and Philosophy
- Use of Amenities
- Relaxing on the Beach
- Kayaking and Biking
- Cultural Experiences
Schedule -due to change
2 hour Morning Yoga class
Afternoon program i.e sutra study.
2 hour Evening restorative/pranayama class (approriate class for beginners)
** Plenty of time to relax and enjoy the surroundings and excursions***
List of Excursions:
Rate per person
|La vie en Rose – THE CELESTÚN INLET||
|Uxmal and Cenotes (Sinkholes)||
|Moonlight Safari||3½ hours||
How to get there:
NEW FLIGHTS :Dec 1 new flights Atlanta to Merida Delta and Aeromexico plan to add Aeromexico flights from Atlanta to Merida, Mexico starting Dec. 1, subject to government approvals. Now getting to Xixim will be even easier.
Fly into Merida
Pick you up at Merida airport or at any hotel in Merida, and take you to Xixim in our comfortable vehicles:
The transfer rate from Merida –Hotel Xixim – Merida (round trip) is:
Arrange your van with the hotel. Passengers will be coordinated based on their arrival times. Or you can book your own taxi.
- $200 USD for 1 to 3 passengers (car), round trip
- $275 USD for 4 to 6 passengers (van), round trip
Taxis from Merida
Taxis from Merida to Celestun cost around $120 USD, but rates vary. Once in Celestun, we will pick you up on a complimentary basis (please call us upon arrival, 916 21 00 or 916 20 60).
Unfortunately there is no taxi service in Celestun to go back to Mérida, so that you would have to use our transfer service or the public bus. Transfer rates for one way trips are $100 USD for 1 to 3 passengers and $138 USD for 4 to 6 passengers. Reserve your transfer back to Merida at the hotel’s reception.
Buses from Merida
There’s a bus every hour to Celestun at Merida’s bus station, downtown. Please check the schedules at the bus station. Once in Celestun call us from a public phone (916-21-00 or 916-20-60) and we’ll pick you up in 20 minutes with no charge. The bus ticket from Merida to Celestun costs about $5 USD.
Prices in US Dollars, subject to change without notice.
You can also arrive to Cancun International Airport, take a bus to Merida or rent a car and travel along the Yucatan Peninsula. The drive takes about 4 hours, and the road between Cancun and Merida is an excellent highway (toll). If you plan on taking your time, you may want to visit the stunning cenote of Dzitnup in Valladolid, the world famous archeological site of Chichen Itza and/or the magnificent XVI Century Franciscan Convent of Izamal on your way over.
YOUR QUESTIONS….ANSWEREDHow far away is it?1 Hour from the Merida Airport. There is a long dirt road to arrive at Xixim.
Is it safe?
from the US travel advisory- Yucatan (includes Merida and Chichen Itza): No advisory is in effect.
Can I do all that yoga?
Classes will be taught in such a way that all students will be able to work at their capacity. You can choose to take both classes per day or not. This is your retreat.
What about food?
A mainly vegetarian menu will be provided and all dietary needs will be addressed as long as you inform before you arrive.
What about WIFI?
There is wifi in public areas.
Can My family come? What will they do?
Xixim has a list of excursions and activies on their websiteI have injuries can I come?Yes. Contact us to let us know if we don’t already know and with the two of us you will be taken care of.
BEACH RETREAT IN NAYARIT- 2017
It was a success!! Check out photos from our retreat
- For me it was all the best!
- What a fabulous week!
- ….for me it was about as perfect as I could have imagined.
- I.. liked the reflection questions you gave me
- The classes were definitely challenging leaving me with an increased sense of what the practice is all about. Loved the Sutra Study and the yoga room.
- …it was beyond my wildest hopes. Of course, Jen is magnificent and handled all aspects with such grace and professionalism…from handling neophytes like myself to the very impressive group of flexible and inspiring students. …it was great to get not only the physical aspect but also the philosophical of Iyengar Yoga. Thanks again to each of you for your presence.
- …it is a jewel in every way, our cabin and the grounds were a dream come true as well as the incredibly lovely staff. I would love to go back again. I love the fun, the insight and support gained from all of us together. Everyone inspired me in some way.