January 25-30, 2018 WINTER GETAWAY!
5 day Yoga retreat at XIXIM Resort in the Yucatan. (click link for gorgeous videos)
XIXIM is much more than a hotel. It is a space of peace; a place to find your balance again; to discover harmony with nature, a place to re-discover yourself.
A unique Mayan hotel located on the endless white sand beaches of the Celestun Biosphere Reserve, XIXIM is just a little over an hour west of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
White sand beaches and pink flamingos are the backdrop to your yoga adventure. Explore a new part of the incredible variety Mexico has to offer. Discover natural beauty and learn about Mayan culture. Go deeper into your yoga practice and understanding.
$100 off early registration. Yep!! $100US!
Jr Suite Garden View Double $1350 Single $1800 Triple $1200
Jr Suite Beachfront View Double $1465 Single $1970 Triple $1300
Master Suite Double $1725 Single $2425
**Triple occupancy available for a group of 3 that register together – two beds and one sofa becomes a twin bed.
If you are bringing family or friends who will not be participating in any part yoga program will recieve 25% off their registration
Garden view Jr. Suite, Beachfront Jr Suite and Master suites. Single and double occupancy includes luxury accomodations, delicious food including Mayan recipes, yoga classes and staff tips. Does not include transportation to and from airport. (see below) Does not include tips for the staff.
- $200 non-refundable to reserve your space. Payment due December 1st
- Register before August 1st, 2017 get $100 off.
- 15% savings for IYNAUS or AMYI members. Must register before November 25th.
- Pay 1/2 by September 1st- Payment in full by December 15th.
Schedule -due to change
2 hour Morning Yoga class
Afternoon program i.e sutra study.
2 hour Evening restorative/pranayama class (approriate class for beginners)
How to get there:
Fly into Merida
We can pick you up at Merida airport or at any hotel in Merida, and take you to Xixim in our comfortable vehicles:
The transfer rate from Merida –Hotel Xixim – Merida (round trip) is:
- $200 USD for 1 to 3 passengers (car), round trip
- $275 USD for 4 to 6 passengers (van), round trip
Taxis from Merida
Taxis from Merida to Celestun cost around $120 USD, but rates vary. Once in Celestun, we will pick you up on a complimentary basis (please call us upon arrival, 916 21 00 or 916 20 60).
Unfortunately there is no taxi service in Celestun to go back to Mérida, so that you would have to use our transfer service or the public bus. Transfer rates for one way trips are $100 USD for 1 to 3 passengers and $138 USD for 4 to 6 passengers. Reserve your transfer back to Merida at the hotel’s reception.
Buses from Merida
There’s a bus every hour to Celestun at Merida’s bus station, downtown. Please check the schedules at the bus station. Once in Celestun call us from a public phone (916-21-00 or 916-20-60) and we’ll pick you up in 20 minutes with no charge. The bus ticket from Merida to Celestun costs about $5 USD.
Prices in US Dollars, subject to change without notice.
You can also arrive to Cancun International Airport, take a bus to Merida or rent a car and travel along the Yucatan Peninsula. The drive takes about 4 hours, and the road between Cancun and Merida is an excellent highway (toll). If you plan on taking your time, you may want to visit the stunning cenote of Dzitnup in Valladolid, the world famous archeological site of Chichen Itza and/or the magnificent XVI Century Franciscan Convent of Izamal on your way over.
See photos below of the 2017 retreat in Nayarit.
It was a success!! Check out photos from our retreat
- For me it was all the best!
- What a fabulous week!
- ….for me it was about as perfect as I could have imagined.
- I.. liked the reflection questions you gave me
- The classes were definitely challenging leaving me with an increased sense of what the practice is all about. Loved the Sutra Study and the yoga room.
- …it was beyond my wildest hopes. Of course, Jen is magnificent and handled all aspects with such grace and professionalism…from handling neophytes like myself to the very impressive group of flexible and inspiring students. …it was great to get not only the physical aspect but also the philosophical of Iyengar Yoga. Thanks again to each of you for your presence.
- …it is a jewel in every way, our cabin and the grounds were a dream come true as well as the incredibly lovely staff. I would love to go back again. I love the fun, the insight and support gained from all of us together. Everyone inspired me in some way.
Wanna come NEXT YEAR on a yoga retreat on the beach? Start with classes now to prepare and save your spot.
JOIN US NEXT YEAR!!
Beach Iyengar Yoga retreat at Punta Monterrey in Nayarit.